As outlined in the contract, $100,000 is available for Professional Certification Support. This includes:
- National certifications support for ESAs
National Board funding priority is given to supporting cohorts, first-time candidates, followed by retake candidates, followed by renewal candidates.
Highline provides a cadre of facilitators to support NBPTS candidates in district cohorts.
Based on first-come, first serve basis, first-time candidates in district cohorts will receive a stipend for 50% of the National Board assessment fee after verification of payment and submission of Components. The district will pay 50% of the WEA member fee for WEA National Board Jump Start and WEA Home Stretch.
OSPI offers a conditional loan each year that is paid back out of your 1st bonus after you receive your National Board Certification.
As you prepare to submit components and/or take your Component 1 exam, you may want to consider attending WEA Homestretch. If you would like to attend, please take the following steps:
- Register and pay required fees here – WEA Home Stretch please note, Highline does not register candidate for this training, or pay the fees to WEA
- forward to Damaris Amaya the email confirmation from WEA that shows the amount you paid for Homestretch and your confirmation number.
- Please complete this when you register for Jump Start with WEA.
Component payment occurs after candidate submission of portfolios. All Paperwork is due by May 29, 2021. Please turn in your paperwork as soon as you have submitted your portfolios. All paperwork must be from the current school year.
By May 29, 2021 each candidate must submit:
- An NBCT Financial Statement that shows the fees for Component 1 have been paid. The Financial Statement is found on the left side of your screen in your National Board Profile.
- A screenshot of the confirmation email of the date you are registered to take your C1 assessment.
- The confirmation of the date you are taking the test will probably be from Pearson. Having a future testing date in June 2021, will NOT delay your stipend.
- Components 2, 3 & 4
- An NBCT Financial Statement that shows the fees for Components 2, 3 or 4 have been paid. The Financial Statement is found on the left side of your screen in your National Board Profile.
- Verification that a component has been submitted (this can be a screen shot, or a confirmation email from NBCT)
Please send all documentation for components you wish to receive a stipend for in one email to Damaris Amaya by May 29th, 2021.
Being a recipient of the OSPI NB Loan will not affect your district stipend. Do not send pictures from your phone of the documents.