As outlined in the contract, $100,000 is available for Professional Certification Support. This includes:
- National certifications support for ESAs
National Board funding priority is given to supporting cohorts, first-time candidates, followed by retake candidates, followed by renewal candidates.
Highline provides a cadre of facilitators to support NBPTS candidates in district cohorts.
Based on first-come, first serve basis, first-time candidates in district cohorts will receive a stipend for 50% of the National Board assessment fee after verification of payment and submission of Components. The district will pay 50% of the WEA member fee for WEA National Board Jump Start and WEA Home Stretch.
OSPI offers a conditional loan each year that is paid back out of your 1st bonus after you receive your National Board Certification.
As you prepare to submit components and/or take your Component 1 exam, you may want to consider attending WEA Homestretch. If you would like to attend, please take the following steps:
- Register and pay required fees here – WEA Home Stretch please note, Highline does not register candidate for this training, or pay the fees to WEA
- forward to Damaris Amaya the email confirmation from WEA that shows the amount you paid for Homestretch and your confirmation number.
- Please complete this when you register for Jump Start with WEA.
Component payment occurs after candidate submission of portfolios. All Paperwork is due by June 28, 2021. Please turn in your paperwork as soon as you have submitted your portfolios. All paperwork must be from the current school year.
In order to process any of the NBCT Stipends, Component, MOC, or Renewal, both proof of submission and proof of payment is required.
By June 28, 2021 each candidate must submit:
Proof of Submission - 2 options
- Take a screenshot of your “transcript.” If the transcript pulls up blank please send a screenshot of that to Damaris Amaya. Damaris will follow up with next steps.
- Take a screenshot of your submission confirmation email.
Proof of Payment - 2 options
- Take a screenshot of “Historical Payments.” If your Historical Payment shows up as blank please send a screenshot of that to Damaris Amaya. Damaris will follow up with next steps.
- Submit the email confirmation of payment from National Boards.
Please note: The confirmation of the component 1 testing date will probably be from Pearson. Having a future testing date through August 2021, will NOT delay your stipend.
Please send all documentation for components you wish to receive a stipend for in one email to Damaris Amaya by June 28th, 2021.
Please note: Being a recipient of the OSPI NB Loan will not affect your district stipend. Do not send pictures from your phone of the documents.