All certificated educators are placed on the salary schedule, with advancement based on years of service and education level. One step on the schedule is earned for every 45 credit hours or 450 clock hours (or a combination). In order to advance after BA+90 you must earn an MA.
Continuing Education is a requirement for all certificated educators in Washington. Once you achieve professional certification, renewal is earned through continuing education in one of several ways:
- 100 Clock hours every 5 years
- 4 Annual Professional Growth Plans every 5 years (NEW)
- 10 Quarter credits/6.7 semester credits every 5 years
- Some combination of the above
- A valid National Board Certificate
Helpful Hints for Clock Hours:
- Sign-in Sheets: OSPI requires your signature/initials on the workshop sign-in sheet as proof of attendance. You may not receive clock hours if you do not sign in for each session date.
- Clock Hour Forms: Complete all personal information of the in-service registration form (Clock Hour form). All sections must be complete, and include a verification signature.
- If you need clock hours for salary moves, it is your responsibility to give this information to your HR Strand Specialist.
- If you would like to offer clock hours for a PD that you are offering, create a new session on the PD Calendar.