Highline staff must have a Type 2 credential to transport students to planned events and non-emergent situations. This training is for Highline employees who transport students in a personal or a district vehicle on behalf of the school district.
Note: It is acceptable for a staff member to transport a student home due to illness without Type 2 certification.
The training consists of an explanation of district requirements, a presentation on defensive driving and a video.
Email Kay Ware at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan on attending.
- Saturday, September 22, 2018 | 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Saturday, December 1, 2018 | 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Saturday, March 2, 2019 | 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
- Saturday, June 8, 2019 | 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
LOCATION: Classes are held at Transportation: 17910 8th Ave So. - Building L, (north of PSSC) in building "L", south side of the fuel island. Bring your driver's license and proof of auto insurance card. Do not send any credentials before you physically attend a class, as we will not hold them for you.
Type 2 Requirements
- Must meet and continue to meet the requirements of the District.
- Valid Washington State Drivers License. The current license must remain on file
- Sign: request for driver’s abstract. Renew every 2 years (form located on website)
- Proof of Insurance (for use of a personal vehicle). Renew every expire date
- Disclosure statement signed and collected in class. Renew every 2 years (form located on website)
- F. B. I., and Washington State Patrol Criminal Record Check for all employees.
- Successfully complete Type 2 Authorization Course through Transportation.
- Disclosure Form:
- Driving Abstract Request Form
MAINTAINING YOUR TYPE 2 LICENSE
If you have taken the class, then your name will be on the attendance roster. You can check this roster at the COLLAB site. Click on Type 2 Roster. If any required credentials are expired, send current copies to Transportation, Attention Type 2. The roster is updated after every class and is checked before authorization to drive a district vehicle is issued.
Every two years from the date on the "abstract request form" collected in class on the date that you attended, you will need to fill out and resubmit to Transportation/Type 2 the below forms:
If any of the required credentials, driver’s license or insurance information changes or expires, you will need to send updated information to: email@example.com
You must maintain your driver’s license in good standing by avoiding disqualifying driving infractions, see COLLAB site for a list.
If you have any questions, please contact Kay Ware.
Driver Trainer Program Coordinator