Highline Public Schools
15675 Ambaum Blvd. SW Burien,WA 98166

Office Hours:

Monday-Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Safety & Security

Report an Emergency

If there is an emergency at one of our sites, please call 911, then call our main office at 206-631-7600 to report the emergency.

To report a concern, suspicious activity, or possible hazard on district property, please call the main office at 206-631-7600, which is answered 24 hours a day, 365 days per year.



Randall Body

Luis Rosales
Daily Operations Manager

Debbie DeLadd
Administrative Assistant to the Director

Need a District ID Badge?

Highline Public School employees, guest employees, community partners, coaching/stadium staff, and contractor badges are issued at Human Resources.

Times available for employees to receive their district ID badge:

10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

HPS Central Office
15675 Ambaum Blvd SW
Burien, WA 98166

Need a Replacement?

To request a replacement badge, email the Safety and Security department and include your name, position and location. A replacement will be sent to you through district mail.

Note: If your photo is more than 3 years old, you will need to come in for a new photo. 

Employee Safety & Security Info

Security coverage

The Safety and Security Department always has somebody working- we provide 24 hour/7 days a week/365 days coverage. When students are in session, the office phone hours are 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and the phone lines are forwarded to Washington Alarm when our office staff is unavailable. Your call will always be answered by a live person. When in doubt, call Safety and Security at 206-631-7600. We will be happy to help you.

District keys / Badge

Keep your keys and badge in a safe place when not in use. If you lose your district keys, or district ID badge- report to your office manager immediately. Do not use a lanyard with your school name on it for your keys or proxy card (this also includes inserting your school ID); for security reasons. Do not attach your school keys to your ID Badge. Lost Proxy cards- and building keys- need to be reported immediately if they are lost and stolen.

To request a replacement badge please email the Safety and Security department. Include your name, position and location. We will be able to send the replacement back to you through district mail.

Site visitors

All visitors are required to check in at the office- this includes district employees visiting a different site location (example: Facilities staff working at an elementary school for the day). If you see somebody who is not wearing a district ID or visitor badge, please direct them to the main office immediately so they can check in.

Work area damaged / Burglary

If you find your work area has been damaged, or property- personal or school district- has been stolen, report it to your office manager and/or administrator immediately, who will contact the Safety and Security Department. Always secure your personal property in the classroom, staff room and vehicles. District property such as laptops and projectors as well as valuable personal property should never be left out unattended when possible- put them away (out of site) in the locking storage areas provided in the classroom.

Working weekends / Late evenings

Staff are allowed to work in the building on weekends and evenings with the required permission of their building administrator. This will need to be arranged ahead of time, and your Office Manager will get you a temporary passcode for building entry. Weekend entry hours are between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m.

How to use your passcode and alarm code

Before entering the building and disarming the alarm, call the Safety and Security at 206-631-7600. You will be ask for your name, passcode, cell phone number and approximate length of time you will be in the building. When leaving, call Safety and Security before you arm the building and leave. Be sure to leave everything locked as it was before you arrived. Also, be sure you are the last one in the building before you set the alarm. Most sites use a sign in sheet by the code pad. Please be cautioned that if you trip the alarm without notifying the Safety and Security Department that you are entering the building, especially at night or on the weekend, Safety and Security and/or Police will arrive as an Armed Response. This means they will assume there is an intruder in the building; where protocol is to have a weapon at ‘Low Ready’ upon arrival. Neither you nor a responding Officer want to experience an event like this.

Working during a holiday

There are 13 holidays where the buildings are closed - no entry will be allowed for staff; even if you have a permanent or long term passcode, with the exception of administrators.


Report graffiti to your office manager or custodian so a work order can be generated for repairs.

Drugs or alcohol on a student

If safe to do so, confiscate and hold for Safety and Security response, and report to your administrator. The items will need to be secured by your administrator, and then Safety and Security will account for it and turn it over to local law enforcement.

Out of control students

When a student is out of control and/or a threat to themselves or others, we will engage to subdue or stop the unacceptable action. When we arrive on site, we will follow your lead and assist. Safety and Security will always use the least restrictive appropriate methods to subdue.

Lost/Runaway students

Please report missing students to the main office who will then report it to Safety and Security as soon as you realize they are missing. We would rather be called off right away that you found the student. The school should contact the student’s emergency list and give us a clothing and physical description of the student, as well as last known location or direction headed.

Assaults on staff

You have the right to a safe working environment. If you are assaulted by a student, please follow the Employee Injury Reporting protocol, as well as report the incident to the Safety and Security Department.

Calling 911

If you, or another staff member in your building calls 911, please let Safety and Security know about the phone call ASAP. This includes calling 911 for any reason. When it comes to “what if” situations where you aren’t sure if you should call 911- don’t hesitate. Better to call 911 when unnecessary, than NOT calling them when it was needed. This includes reporting suspicious activity as soon as it happens.


A transport is when a district employee drives a student home. With approval of the Safety and Security Director or designee, officers will assist in transports when the student needs to go home due to behavior issues or safety reasons. We typically do not transport students home for illnesses, or because they are simply “not listening” to staff.

If a transport is in order, please have a staff member available and ready to join the transport, as two district staff members are required for a transport. It is also vital that the school has confirmed somebody will be at the student’s home to receive the child.