The pandemic has caused a major shift in workplace culture. Many public and private sector employers are now offering remote work as an option. At a time when employers are competing for workers, offering a remote work option is a significant competitive advantage in recruiting and retention.
Most HPS positions require staff to be in person, and we cannot unilaterally modify working conditions for represented employees; however, we want to test remote work options for non-represented employees with positions that can be worked off-site.
The pilot for non-represented employees will be for the 2021-22 school year. We will monitor the program and determine whether to continue or expand it in the future.
To initiate a remote work arrangement, supervisors should:
- Log into Frontline Central (https://app.frontlineeducation.com/select/)
- Click on “My Forms”
- Click on “Forms I Can Start”
- Select “Remote Work Request Form”
- Fill in the form
- Once completed, the form will go to Employee Services Manager to verify
- Chief Talent Officer will review for final approval