Social Media Support
Did you know...? Highline Public Schools has a social media policy (4309) and procedure (4309P), with corresponding guidelines for staff, students and board members? Make sure you read the policy and procedure before you use social media to share about the district, your school, program, club, athletic team and/or work in Highline.
Social Media Registration
Highline staff are allowed to set up social media accounts for schools, programs, teams, clubs and departments. These accounts must be approved, and all posts on these accounts are public records. To get your account approved, submit a completed Social Media Account Registration Form to the the Communications office.
- Choose your words carefully.
- Post lots of photos.
- Remember that everything is public.
- Post regularly.
- Schedule posts.
- Engage with your followers and fans.
- Do not engage in an argument.
- Recognize and thank community and business partners.
- Tags and hashtags are different.
- Be authentic.
- Make your students’ safety a priority.
- Ask for help if you need it.
- Follow @HighlineSchools.