Social Media Support
Did you know...? Highline Public Schools has a social media policy (4309) and procedure (4309P), with corresponding guidelines for staff, students and board members? Make sure you read the policy and procedure before you use social media to share about the district, your school, program, club, athletic team and/or work in Highline.
Social Media Registration
Highline staff are allowed to set up social media accounts for schools, programs, teams, clubs and departments. These accounts must be approved, and all posts on these accounts are public records. To get your account approved, submit a completed Social Media Account Registration Form to the the Communications office.
- Choose your words carefully.
- Remember that everything is public.
- Be a resource and an ally.
- Post regularly.
- Engage with your followers.
- Do not engage in an argument.
- Let people have opinions.
- Be authentic.
- Different channels have different needs.
- Post lots of photos, videos & GIFs.
- Use shortened links.
- Schedule posts.
- Recognize and thank community and business partners.
- Make your students’ safety a priority.
- Ask for help if you need it.