Join us for retirement seminars on PEBB, VEBA, Social Security and DRS. Whether retirement is 2 years or 30 years away – there’s information that can benefit you. All meetings will be in the Central Office Boardroom.
PEBB & VEBA
March 14 - 4:30 to 6:00 p.m.
VEBA (Voluntary Employees Beneficiary Association) is a type of tax-exempt trust used by its members and eligible dependents to pay for eligible medical expenses. Your whole employee group votes yearly to determine if your group will be a VEBA member or not. The seminar will let you learn more about what the VEBA account is, how it works and the benefits of saving your contributions until retirement.
PEBB (Public Employees Benefits Board Program) is a program offered through Washington State Health Care Authority that provides insurance benefits for eligible public employees and retirees. This seminar will cover the different insurance options that are available, how to apply for eligibility and what to expect once you’re retired.
March 19, 2019 - 4:15 to 5:30 p.m.
Learn about your Social Security options from the Social Security Administration. During this seminar you will learn about:
- Retirement benefits and eligibility requirements
- What early retirement does to your benefits
- How to qualify for disability, survivor and spousal benefits
- How to use your Social Security Online account and other online services
- The future of Social Security
- Understand how to get the most from your benefit
Please create your my Social Security Account before attending the class and bring a print out of your Social Security Statement.
DRS - Washington State Department of Retirement Services
March 27, 2019
This meeting is set up in two sections.
4:30 - 6:00 p.m:
Early to mid career employees wanting to better understand your Washington State retirement. Learn how your pension plan works and what you can do to help save for a more comfortable retirement. We will cover:
- How Plan 2 and Plan 3 work
- When you are eligible for your benefit
- The importance of voluntary savings programs such as DCP
- Retirement planning tools to help you reach your personal retirement goals
6:00 - 7:30 p.m.
Employees nearing retirement in the next five years.
Come learn how early retirement could affect your benefit, how to increase your benefit via the purchase of service credit or an annuity and what it means to add a survivor to your benefit. We will also discuss tools to help you decide if you're financially ready to retire and go over the online retirement application process.