Our statewide medical benefits program, SEBB, knows the COVID-19 pandemic may have changed your health care needs. That’s why they are offering you a limited open enrollment to make some changes to your SEBB benefits. (Normally, you would need to have a life event, like a birth or marriage, to make these changes midyear.)
From July 1 through July 31, subscribers can make the changes below:
- Add an eligible dependent to your SEBB medical coverage.
- Enroll in medical coverage if you are currently enrolled only in dental and vision coverage.
- Raise or lower your 2020 Medical Flexible Spending Arrangement (FSA) or Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP) election amounts.
- Enroll in a Medical FSA or DCAP for the rest of the calendar year (if you’re eligible for these benefits).
Any changes you make are effective on August 1, 2020.
Employees must wait until annual open enrollment (October 26-November 23) to:
- Change/waive medical plans
- Make changes or enroll dependents to their vision and dental plans
To learn more about this opportunity, including how to make these changes, visit the SEBB Program’s limited open enrollment webpage.