February marks Black History Month. This month we celebrate the accomplishments, contributions and leadership of African Americans. Here are some resources to help you bring Black history into the classroom this month and beyond, as a critical part of our full American history.
Black History Month Ideas and Resources
- Black Lives Matter at School
- Teaching for Black lives
- Black History Month: Teaching Beyond Slavery // Coshandra Dillard
- Five Ways to Avoid Whitewashing the Civil Rights Movement // Coshandra Dillard
- Beyond the Little Rock Nine // Coshandra Dillard
- Scholastic Black History Month Lesson Plans and Teaching Resources
Are you planning a special project, assignment or presentation about Black History Month? Let us know and we'll share your projects to inspire our community. Email the communications team at firstname.lastname@example.org.