Starting next school year in January, all Washington K-12 school employees will begin receiving health insurance and benefits through the statewide School Employees Benefits Board (SEBB). This state-mandated change will impact nearly all Highline employees.
SEBB will replace the health and insurance benefits we currently provide. The first SEBB Program open enrollment is October 1–November 15, 2019. Benefits begin January 1, 2020.
Here are some basic facts about SEBB.
Who is eligible?
Employees who work at least 630 hours per school year will be eligible to receive SEBB benefits.
When will my eligibility and coverage begin?
Open enrollment will be October 1 through November 15. All employees will need to elect benefits through SEBB during this time. Coverage will begin on January 1, 2020.
Can I cover my family?
Yes, you will be able to get medical, dental and vision coverage for:
- Your legal spouse or state-registered domestic partner.
- Your children up to age 26, or children of any age with a disability who meet specified eligibility criteria.
- Your extended dependents (children up to age 26 in your legal custody or guardianship).
What will the SEBB Program offer?
- Medical plans
- Dental plans
- Group vision plans
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance
- Long-term disability (LTD) insurance
- Medical Flexible Spending Arrangement (FSA)
- Dependent Care Assistance Program (DCAP)