How to Block & Unblock Caller ID
For most Android phones
Dial *67 then the phone number you are calling.
Optional Android settings based on the phone and carrier
Step 1. Open Phone app (telephone icon)
Step 2. Select Menu Icon (three little dots top right screen)
Step 3. Select “Settings”
Step 4. Select “Calls” and then “Additional Settings”
Step 5. Select “Caller ID” from here you can set it to Hide.
Unblock caller ID: *82 before the number you are calling means that the person you are calling does not allow blocked numbers calling, so *82 unblocks your phone number and lets them know who is calling.
Note: Calls to 800 numbers and 911 won't use Caller ID Blocking.
- Dial *67.
- Dial the number you want to call.
- Tap the call button.
To learn how to block or unblock Caller ID on all calls:
- Visit Caller ID Device Support tutorials.
- If no tutorial is listed for your device, visit Troubleshoot & Resolve to fix Caller ID issues for additional help.
- If your device doesn't have the ability to block or display Caller ID on all outgoing calls, contact us to add or remove this feature at no additional charge.
To deactivate Caller ID Blocking for a specific number:
- Enter *82.
- Enter the number.
- Tap Call.
You've successfully deactivated Caller ID Blocking for a specific number.
How do I block Caller ID on all my calls?
You can turn on Caller ID Block with the My Verizon app or online to prevent people you call from seeing your mobile number.
The My Verizon App
- Tap the menu in the top left to open it.
- Tap Devices.
- Find the device you want to add Caller ID Blocking to and tap Manage.
- Tap Controls.
- Tap Adjust Service blocks.
- Find Caller ID Blocking and tap the switch so it's green.
- Go to the Blocks page in My Verizon.Note: If you have more than one line on your account, select the line you want to block Caller ID for.
- Tap or click Block Services.
- If you're on a smartphone, tap Add. Otherwise skip this step.
- Under Additional Services find Caller ID Blocking and select On.
- Tap or click Submit Changes.
Restrict your Caller ID information
To permanently restrict your caller ID information, please contact Customer Service via Chat or dial *2 from your handset. There is no charge to restrict this information. Once you restrict your caller ID information, you can have your information appear on a call-by-call basis. Just add *68 or *82 before you dial a number, and your information will display, but for that call only.
Note: This restriction may take up to 72 hours to take effect, and it does not guarantee your calling name will be removed from all industry databases that provide calling and name information as a service. We can only control the information that is directly associated with Sprint.
Go to Settings> Phones> Show Caller ID, switch off.
- Dial *67 then the area code and phone number of the person or business you'd like to contact.
- Your number will appear as No Caller ID on the display of the recipient.
How to Block Caller ID Directly from Your iPhone
If you'd like to make private calls from your iPhone on a more regular basis, without
having to enter a code each time, there's a setting you can change to accomplish
this. This setting isn't available for some carriers, including Verizon, Straight Talk, and US Cellular customers, but for other users, you can permanently block your number on caller ID by turning off Show My Caller ID in the Settings app. To disable the Show My Caller ID feature and instead make incognito calls:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap on Phone.
- Tap on Show My Caller ID.
- Toggle off Show My Caller ID.
How to Temporarily Share Your Number on Caller ID
Once you've toggled off Show My Caller ID, there's a code you can use if you'd like your caller ID to be visible on a call-by-call basis. Like with *67, the code to temporarily reveal your hidden cellphone number is entered before dialing the recipient's phone number. To make your number visible for certain phone calls:
- Dial *82, then the area code and phone number you want to contact. Your number will show on the display of the person you're calling. Depending on your phone service provider, you may need to wait for a rapid dial tone after entering *82 and before entering the area code and phone number.
Call Private: Ask Your Phone Service Provider to Hide Your Number
If you're a Verizon customer or subscribe to another service provider who doesn't offer the option to toggle off Show My Caller ID, call them and see if they offer the option to block caller ID for your number. AT&T offers a free caller ID restricting service. Verizon offers the options below at this link.