Masks or face coverings must be worn in all school and district buildings per public health guidelines. Masks are required while in shared spaces, such as hallways, workrooms, restrooms, entryways and more. Only when an employee is alone in their own workspace such as their office or classroom can they remove their mask.
The district will provide masks. Staff may wear their own personal mask as long as it meets the public health guidelines. Paper disposable masks will be provided at the front desk of each building for visitors or those who forgot their masks.
Additional PPE will be provided by department directors for employees with duties requiring more than a mask. These items are purchased by the district and will be distributed by the Facilities department.
Social Distancing in Work Spaces
Directors and principals are encouraged to arrange shared spaces and office spaces to allow for six-foot distancing to the extent possible. Facilities has installed clear plexiglass shields in school main offices. Visitor seating should be spaced six feet apart.
When to Stay Home from Work
Staff should follow this guidance from the King County COVID Symptom Flow Chart.
Best Practices for Safety in the Front Office
- Create a waiting space with six-foot distancing in foyer or at front entry
- Minimize the number of people in the office space at any one time
- Recommend visitors schedule appointments
- Wear a mask; utilize the plexiglass station as appropriate; wash/sanitize hands and/or wear gloves; and when possible, adhere to six-foot distance if walking/interacting beyond plexiglass
- OSPI guidance is that when working with students and families, six-foot distance is to be observed whenever possible
- Use sanitizer spray (J-fill Virex) or hydrogen peroxide wipes on stations between each use
- If pens/pencils are used, create two canisters (clean and used.) Disinfect the used ones after usage