Elementary Distance Learning
Instruction for Grades K-5
Please Note: Pre-K is under development
- Students engage in regular activities as assigned by the classroom teacher, roughly one hour of required learning each day, aligned to critical learning priorities.
- 2 literacy activities per week
- 2 math activities per week
- 1 other activity per week
- Students demonstrate progress/completion through SeeSaw, primarily through posting photos (or Google Classrooms if used previously.)
- Teachers communicate with the class as a whole (via group email/messenger, school website) at least weekly AND provide individual feedback/support to each student at least weekly. This could be in the form of phone calls, online platforms and other approved communication tools.
- Learning Line will be used as needed for phone calls in addition to translation available in SchoolMessenger (Spanish, Somali and Vietnamese).
- In addition to digital learning, students are engaged in authentic reading and writing. This may include online text and books (both fiction and non-fiction) as well as weekly written communication with their teacher.
- Teachers encourage and celebrate family-determined learning opportunities in addition to school-directed activities.
- Instruction is not delivered at a fixed time with everyone on a call at the same time.
- Printed materials are supplemental only.