The SEBB Program’s annual open enrollment will be from October 25 through November 22, 2021. Annual open enrollment is your opportunity to make any changes to your coverage. Visit SEBB My Account
Employees can make changes to their benefits during the annual open enrollment. This year's annual enrollment will be from October 25 to November 22, 2021, for coverage effective January 1, 2022. Employees who do not take action during open enrollment will keep their current coverage, as long as their plan is still available.
You are not required to make any changes to your medical, dental or vision plans during open enrollment. If you choose not to make any changes, you will remain enrolled in your current health plans.
Learn more about open enrollment, plans and premium changes, and more on the HCA website.
Newly-eligible employees have a 31-day enrollment window to elect or waive coverage. Coverage is effective the 1st day of the following month from eligibility.
waiving coverage & DEFAULT ENROLLMENTS
You can waive enrollment in SEBB medical coverage if you are enrolled in other employer-based group medical insurance, a TRICARE plan, or Medicare. You must waive coverage through SEBB My Account during your initial 31 day enrollment window or you will be defaulted in medical, dental and vision plans with a mandatory $33 monthly premium.
You also must state whether or not you use tobacco during your initial 31 day enrollment window. If you do not take action, you will be charged the default $25 monthly tobacco premium surcharge.
How do i ENROLL?
Enrollment is done through the SEBB My Account online portal. Use the portal to enroll in coverage, verify your dependents, state tobacco usage, view your coverage choices, make changes during open enrollment or waive coverage.
where can i learn more?
Need more information to help you make a decision?
- Review the SEBB Enrollment Guide. The enrollment guide contains information about all the offered health plans.
- Visit and explore the virtual benefits fair to learn more about all the benefits available. You will find links to videos, webinars, and other information to help you choose the right plans for you and your dependents. Use your computer, tablet, or smartphone to visit at your own pace.
- Visit ALEX, the online benefits advisor. ALEX will help you understand your benefits and guide you through choosing your medical, dental, and vision plans. ALEX will suggest plans for you based on your needs.
Earn $125 with SmartHealth
If you're eligible for SEBB benefits, you have access to a free wellness program called SmartHealth. It is a secure, voluntary, online and mobile-friendly wellness platform that supports and rewards employees as they work toward their well-being goals.
By participating in activities, you can improve your personal wellness AND earn points. Earn 2,000 SmartHealth points by Nov. 30, 2021 and receive $125 wellness incentive applied to next year’s medical deductible or deposited into your Health Savings Account. (New SEBB medical subscribers with a medical effective date from October through December 2021 have until December 31, 2021 to complete their points.)
Go to https://smarthealth.hca.wa.gov to get started or to continue participating in activities.
SPECIAL OPEN ENROLLMENTS
Certain events let you make account changes (like changing plans or enrolling a dependent) outside of the annual open enrollment. Examples include birth or adoption, marriage, or loss of other insurance coverage.
You must complete a special open enrollment request in SEBB My Account and upload proof of the qualifying event within 60 days of the event. In many instances, the date your change is received affects the effective date of the change in enrollment. Enrollment for a newborn will be effective on the date of birth, while other enrollments will be effective the 1st of the month following the date when all required verification is provided.
Read further instructions on reporting a Special Open Enrollment.
Below is a summary of benefit offerings, program eligibility and how the SEBB health insurance is funded.
Your monthly premium costs for SEBB medical plans are based on the plan you choose and dependents you cover. Vision, life, long-term disability and dental premiums are covered 100% through Highline Public Schools.
Additional information is available on the SEBB website.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I tried to add my dependents during open enrollment, but they were denied because of dependent verification. What can I do?
- I did not take action during my initial enrollment window, and have been enrolled in UMP Achieve 1 , Uniform Dental Plan, and MetLife vision. None of my dependents have been enrolled. Can I do anything to change this?
- How do I update my address in SEBB My Account?
- How do I find an in-network provider through my new insurance?
- Who should I contact with questions?
- How can I designate beneficiaries for my Life Insurance policy?
- I made a mistake on my enrollment, or received a decision from the SEBB Program that I disagree with. What are my options?
- Who is eligible for coverage?